Who doesn’t love stickers? Of Course, there are very few who don’t like the idea of having pretty things that are personalized in some way or another. How about you? Which kind of person are you? Someone who fancies fancy things or those who like to keep it as simple as possible? Well, whatever kind of a person you are, this article is for you, especially if you love your car! But before moving on to the article, I have a question to ask you. Are you concerned about whether the stickers will damage your article before applying them? Or do you want to remove the stickers and are worried that they will scratch your bumper?
So, we got you! You have a new beauty and want to add a personalized touch to it by preferably sticking a bumper sticker, and you are worried whether it will damage your vehicle or not. Well, it is pretty evident and normal to be okay because no one ever wants to screw a thing they love so much. So, we are here to tell you that a bumper sticker will not damage your vehicle at all if you do it the right way. Bumper stickers are meant to enhance the overall appearance of your car and make it look more alluring. Of Course, you can’t see your bumper while sitting inside the car, but everyone else can see it! So, you have to make sure your sticker looks the best without any damage.
How to apply bumper stickers without damaging your car?
This is the real question! You might be thinking that applying a sticker is something super easy, and anyone can do it. But this isn’t really the case; you have to make smart moves and concentrate a lot while applying stickers. Can you recall the number of times you weren’t satisfied with the stickers you pasted in a notebook or wall? They are pretty small, and you still had to redo them many times, and the end result was always a torn sticker and residue left. You cannot afford to do that to your car, especially when dealing with a bumper sticker, which is almost four times the normal stickers you use.
So, dive in and figure out the best way to apply a bumper sticker without damaging your vehicle.
- Always consider the material of your bumper stickers before making a purchase. It should not be paper or plastic. Vinyl stickers are the best choice because they don’t easily damage with harsh weather conditions such as rain, snow, or scorching heat. Hence, it’s going to go a long way with giving you a good return on investment.
- Consider the sticking property of labels as well. It must have excellent adhesive properties; otherwise, the edges of your sticker are going to come off really soon- probably within a week or so.
- Now that you’ve purchased your favourite sticker, the next step is to clean your bumper. Use a car cleaning spray to clean the bumper and make sure there is no dust or tiny particles on it; otherwise, your sticker will look bumpy and rough,
- After cleaning it, it’s time you wash your hands; make sure to dry them afterward as well. It’s going to help you apply the sticker evenly and more neatly. After all, you don’t want any dark spots on the new bumper label.
- Now start applying the label carefully. Take one edge of the sticker and start pasting it. Do it slowly and carefully.
- Don’t apply the entire sticker at the same time! Remember not to remove the whole cover altogether, do it while you are pasting it. Also, keep using your hand to paste it evenly.
- Do not remove the sticker part once pasted! Focus on the rest if you go wrong with a part. Otherwise, your sticker is going to lose all its sticking properties. And you can’t afford that.
Case 2 is something that you should worry about because it might damage your car if you don’t do it with extreme care. It looks like you bought a car with bumper stickers, and you want to remove them without any damage at all. Or maybe your old stickers are tearing off, and now you want to replace them but are too scared because removing stickers never went well for you. Well, in either of the above cases, we have some great options and a stepwise procedure through which you can remove bumper stickers without any damage- not even a single scratch!
How to remove bumper stickers without scratching your car?
Here are a few steps of safely removing bumper stickers from your car:
- Keep your hands off any kind of sharp material! Never remove bumper stickers using a knife or a sharp object, not even sharp nails!
- You can try removing the sticker while using your hands. Remember to always start with narrow corners and then move to the broader side.
- Keep your pace slow while removing a bumper sticker because your ultimate goal should be to take it off entirely in a single go! If you tear it in the middle, we are sorry to say, but there will be many residues left behind.
- Here you go! The sticker is all removed without any damage, but we know it doesn’t happen every time, and the flow often breaks, leaving behind a lot of residues. So, what you can do in this situation is take a detergent or some cleaning spray-preferably the one that is foaming and apply it on the residue part. Make sure to leave it there on the bumper for a while so the sticker can sock properly.
- Now after an hour or so, take a clean, soft cloth and rub the residue part. You should be able to remove at least 70% of the residue in a single go without any scratch.
- Now repeat the same method to clean the remaining 30% residue.
- You might want to use car cleaning spray in the end for a shiny look.
Buy The Best Bumper Stickers
You must be a sticker fan, right? Well, we have good news for you as we’ve found the best sticker producer and supplier for you. Head over to estickers and find yourself the most alluring print. Also, don’t worry if you can’t find one of your choices, because you can send them your design and they’ll print it for you in the desired size and material.