Stickers are sticky labels that can stick on almost any surface, including wood, glass, and fabric. These labels can be of vinyl, plastic, paper, etc. People use them for various purposes; some want them for decoration reasons, while some love to paste them in their journals. Other than these reasons, they are also used in schools, offices, stores, etc., because they make naming and labeling a lot easier. You no longer have to print labels, add glue to them before using them. These days you can get stickers everywhere and even customize your own!
The trouble is never buying or sticking stickers; the problem always starts when you want to remove stickers. Did you paste them on the walls, and now removing it is chipping off the paint? Or did you paste it on your study table, and it looks ugly maybe. Maybe none of them- you might have placed it in the wrong place or not neat enough. All these sticker application-related problems make you wanna do one thing – “to remove stickers as soon as possible.” Well, it might not be as simple as it sounds because it will leave a lot of residue behind, which will keep getting worse every day instead of getting better. So, this blog is for all of you who want to learn “how to remove sticker residue?”
How to remove sticker residue from various surfaces?
Little do we know about the cost that we might have to bear because of applying stickers on walls, cupboards, etc. They sure look gorgeous and enhances the beauty of everything, but it is no less than a headache or torture if you don’t know how to get sticker residue off. Here in this blog, we will tell you a few reliable remedies for removing sticker residue.
If you have applied vinyl stickers, sticky wallpapers on a wall and it’s either chipping off, or you’ve removed them in the wrong way, there are high chances of sticker residue left on the wall. If you want to learn how to remove sticker residue from the wall, try the remedies below.
- Hot water, dishwasher, and baking soda
Blend some heated water in with a couple of drops of dishwashing fluid. Utilize an old spray bottle or use a wipe and tenderly apply to a part of the wall with residue. The sticker residue will soften and start coming off within a few minutes. You can use a knife or sharp material to get rid of the softened glue. If it doesn’t work smoothly for you, try adding baking soda to the liquid solution.
- Vinegar and warm water
Here is something you might not know about vinegar. It is an excellent ingredient that works wonders against adhesive material. Add half vinegar and half lukewarm water in a spray bottle and splash it on the wall with sticker residues. It is more likely to come out. Use a sharp knife later to remove any glue left. You can also use a few drops of vinegar on a sponge to remove the residue.
If you are wondering how to get sticker residue off your study tables, drawers, cupboards, etc., we might be able to help you. We know how much people love applying stickers of their favourite characters and affirmations on cabinets and doors. As cool as it is for us, we regret our decision when we fail to get the sticker residue off. But don’t worry and keep sticking your favourite stickers, because removing them is a lot easier now. Use the simple remedy below and watch it work.
- Nail polish remover – you can easily take off a sticker from a wooden surface if it is new or dry. But after some time or when the surface is wet, it is almost impossible to remove the sticker residue, the scratching, scrubbing, or scraping. At that point, take a cotton swab and slowly apply it to the surface from where you want to remove sticker residue. Keep wiping with hot water wipes if you don’t want to damage the surface; otherwise, go with a knife to finish the process.
If you have no clue how to remove sticker residue from fabric, we are here to help you out. You don’t have to worry if, by mistake, you put a sticker in your hoodie. You don’t have to live with it forever because removing the sticker residue will only take five minutes if you follow the steps below.
- Pre-wash stain remover and treatment – You can use various treatments available in the market or online stores to remove stickers etc., from the fabric. Other than that, pre-wash stain removers followed by vinegar treatment or cold water wash along with rubbing are good options.
Other tips to remove sticker residue
Follow these steps for effectively removing sticker residue from any surface:
- Always use hot water if you plan to mix vinegar, dishwasher, or a detergent to it, as it works faster and effectively.
- Do not overuse the cleaning solutions because it can do more damage than good.
- Be extra cautious of electrical appliances, cables, and wires. Do not spray the cleaning solution on them while trying to remove stickers.
- Try removing the sticker residue in parts. Applying or spraying the solution on the entire area at once can dry your solution and waste your mixture without showing any results.
It doesn’t matter what type of sticker you use, be it a real estate sticker, wedding sticker, die-cut sticker, or vinyl sticker; it will leave residue whenever you try removing it. It will look awful and make you hate your decision. But don’t worry, there are many ways of removing them. You can contact Estickers to provide you with sticker residue removing treatments and tips etc. We make sure stickers only bring joy and warmth into your life! So, get in touch with us at 1300 97 98 99 because we have a solution for all your problems!